View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #267
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
It's all hindsight, but at the end of the day, it's a qb driven league. I know everyone likes to think of Watt as a once in a generation type player and maybe he is, but it's much easier to find players that can give you close to his production by themselves or as a collective unit via the draft & FA. After all, on most defenses there are usually 2 of each position. i don't think anyone would be upset if Watt's production was split between 2 DT's instead of just 1.

The other thing is, qb is really the only position where teams consistently reach for year in, year out. It's just too important of a position not only for the overall success of the team, but also the coach. & you can't be unsettled there if you have any serious plans to reach & win a superbowl.

So i really can't dog any team for reaching for that qb they think is their franchise guy b/c if they're right, it'll pay off in spades....usually with a decade plus of team success & contention. I'd trade Watt or any other player for that everyday & twice on sunday.
I think we are going in a circle here. I think we can both agree that QB is the most important position. And I also think we can agree that teams will reach for a QB. But we cannot just take a QB for the sake of taking a QB if the talent isnt there.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote