View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #131
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: University of Texas' Head Coach search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I can agree with that, but was he ever offered the job? Sure seemed like it to me. You would think a competent AD would quell the rumors like that, especially considering how bad it made the organization look before Mack had officially been forced out. I have a hard time believing that he wasn't a candidate and the first choice of at least a few people in power at Texas. If he was never a candidate, then that was a colossal PR cluster****.
I'm sure they offered it to him. If you're Texas you at least make that phone call.

But all that happened was that his agent used Texas' interest to score Saban a raise. The idea that Saban was packed and ready to go but was somehow sabotaged by Mack Brown is false and an outright lie.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote