View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #130
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: University of Texas' Head Coach search

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Saban never agreed to come to Texas. His agent played Texas pure and simple.

The allegation that Saban was on his way but Mack ruined it by waiting a few extra days to step down is just one final jab being thrown by people that hate Mack Brown.

Saban was never coming.
I can agree with that, but was he ever offered the job? Sure seemed like it to me. You would think a competent AD would quell the rumors like that, especially considering how bad it made the organization look before Mack had officially been forced out. I have a hard time believing that he wasn't a candidate and the first choice of at least a few people in power at Texas. If he was never a candidate, then that was a colossal PR cluster****.