View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #127
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: University of Texas' Head Coach search

There were a ton of Texas fans who wanted to make a big splash with a big name. And there are some who are not happy with the hire. But for the most part those are the t shirt fans (of which Texas does have a lot). Most people that I know who follow the program are very happy. Strong brings a lot to the table.

For my part, Strong was my fifth choice. But I am very happy with the decision.

My list was:
Bill O'Brien - now with the Texans
Jim Mora - was offered the job but decided to stay at UCLA
Art Briles - was offered the job but decided to stay at Baylor
Gary Andersen - was never contacted, but I wasn't expecting that he would be
Charlie Strong

Very rarely do you ever get one of the top guys on your list. I think that is especially true at a place like Texas, because the higher profile the job is, the higher profile candidates you will be looking at. I'm just glad they hired a strong football coach instead of making some silly move based on pr.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote