View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #125
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: University of Texas' Head Coach search

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
I'm curious how Texas fans are taking the news of Strong? My impression was that people were looking for a "big name" coach (I had heard stuff about only wanting to consider those who coached a national champion, etc., even though I don't think that was realistic). Are people happy/OK/upset? I see Uncle Rico is very happy, but I'm not sure what the overall view is.

Although I'm a fan of a different team, I think Strong is a really good choice, even if he doesn't quite have the established "name" that other coaches might. The only name I'd heard out there that I thought was both realistic and maybe a better choice was Briles.
The Saban/Harbaugh crap was a product of social media and message boards. Oh, and agents sure took the opportunity of a spot like Texas being open didnt they? Just doing their job.

Timing is sometimes everything and the timing was perfect for Strong to come to Texas. Great hire. Should get all the top D recruits from the state soon.

OC is a big hire and ability to recruit QBs and develop will be key.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote