View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #124
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: University of Texas' Head Coach search

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
I'm curious how Texas fans are taking the news of Strong? My impression was that people were looking for a "big name" coach (I had heard stuff about only wanting to consider those who coached a national champion, etc., even though I don't think that was realistic). Are people happy/OK/upset? I see Uncle Rico is very happy, but I'm not sure what the overall view is.

Although I'm a fan of a different team, I think Strong is a really good choice, even if he doesn't quite have the established "name" that other coaches might. The only name I'd heard out there that I thought was both realistic and maybe a better choice was Briles.
I can only speak for myself obviously, but the notion that Texas fans were looking for a big name or National Title winner is wrong. As a fan I was simply looking for a coach who knows his x's and o's and can evaluate talent while working Texas and Florida.

As for Strong, I am happy with the choice and look forward to seeing him work.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote