View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Discount Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
If we invest in a right side line, then let Keenum take the hits like a veteran would while Bridgewater gets coached up, then let the competition begin and have a good young backup waiting in the wings.
What are our chances of winning with Keenum starting? Right now, I'd say slime to none. Slightly better with Tj starting; very slightly.

With Vick, those chances go up; a lot. If we could find a way to get Cassell, we'd still have a higher chance of winning. Freeman... higher chance of winning than with Case.

Even if we draft Bridgewater #1 overall, let him compete with someone better than Case Keenum to win the starting job. That's all I'm saying. Bring in Dan Orlovsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I'm almost willing to draft Clowney 1-1, Mettenberger 2-1, OT or OG 3-1 and see how things develope. Even better to trade down and pick up extra picks. But TB1-1 with OT/OG 2-1 works.
I'd like for the Texans to identify who they think the best QB in this class is & develop a plan to get him. If they think it's Mettenberger & that they can get him in the 2nd.... fine.

If they think it's Bortles & they can get him at 5, then they should come up with a plan to do so.

But I would rather they take him at 1 than miss him at 5 & have to take their second/third choice.

Still, if they don't think any of these QBs have a high probability of being a franchise QB, I'd find it hard to believe, but I'd rather they not spend a 1 overall, or a 33 on a QB they have little faith in. Get Boyd, or McArron.