View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #123
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: University of Texas' Head Coach search

I'm curious how Texas fans are taking the news of Strong? My impression was that people were looking for a "big name" coach (I had heard stuff about only wanting to consider those who coached a national champion, etc., even though I don't think that was realistic). Are people happy/OK/upset? I see Uncle Rico is very happy, but I'm not sure what the overall view is.

Although I'm a fan of a different team, I think Strong is a really good choice, even if he doesn't quite have the established "name" that other coaches might. The only name I'd heard out there that I thought was both realistic and maybe a better choice was Briles.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote