View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #35
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL should be alarmed that three of four playoff games still not sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Players pay is based off of revenue generation of their business. That business which knew of head injury issues either lied or withheld that information from its employees. The big push for safety is driven by the business who is at risk. The players aren't the ones shying away from contact. Complaining/comparing military service folks pay and danger to athletes is asinine
Not true at all, it is indeed the players who are making all this happen. Mostly former players but you can see many instances where current players address the issue. And dont give me that BS off revenues, you know what a senator, governor etc makes a year ? I paid in 30K to the federal government last year. I paid in more than most people in the armed forces bring home, Pretty sure the US brings in plenty of "revenue" they just spend the money in all the wrong places.

And it is pretty damn simple TBH, when you get drafted/walk on to the NFL "if you want to play and make lots of $$$" you sign a waiver there for making the league not liable for anything that happens during or after your career. Why do you think at the bottom of ever commercial you see the book long print that you cant read, cause if you die then they arent responsible, and you cant even read the ****.