View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #18
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why do some great college QBs fail in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Because he won't be given the chance to be successful before he ends up ruined. I don't think any rookie QB drafted would be successful here. We have trench issues upfront. There's never been a more truer axiom that says "it all starts upfront".' It astounds me sometimes how many here under appreciate the importance of it.

All I see, is another David Carr regurgitation, no matter who is drafted. I'm sorry to be so negative about it, but the way I see it, because of the fanbase's emotional need to be entertained, the cart will be put before the horse . . . again.

This last season took away any lasting desire to drink Kool-Aid folks. If you think I was a cynic before . . . stick around.
So you think it is more about our situation than about the players and that QBs like Bridgewater could succeed under the right circumstances?

I agree with you and the trenches - before last season I was screaming for more RT help, but most people considered other areas (ILB, OLB, NT, CB) more important.

That being said, our line does not suck. Brown had a down year, but he is still pretty good, so is Myers. And we have some young talent here including two players that got injured before last season. Of course w need to do something about our line, but if we can find one serviceable RT and a good guard around our players, FA and draft, then we`d be solid.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote