View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #53
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well I don't know that I would give him kudos for that. I love Mathews myself, but that is the same thing many of us bashed Kubiak and Mack Brown for. Loyalty to their staff to a fault. I'm not saying this was the case as I wasn't informed enough about the situation, but I hate coaches that refuse to get rid of a weakness on their staff. With a guy like Mathews and Munchack though, those two are probably going to be forever attached to the hip. Playing aside one another as long as they have and being as successful as they both were together, you can't break that bond. They're going to stand side by side as coaches until the other gets that big job offer he really needs that is a clear upgrade.

Yeah, Pete Carrol fired his OC, a good friend, mid-season. Sometimes you have to make tough choices. This isn't high school.

Having said that, it sounds like the titans were essentially taking away his power. Replacing that many assistants is a big deal. Better to part ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote