View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #959
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Why? I don't give a **** about beating Indianapolis in Indianapolis unless it's in the playoffs. I'll be just as happy if we go to Denver, New England, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh or win there. I'll be happiest if we beat them at Reliant.

.....I just hope this isn't a situation like some Braves fans now find themselves in with manager Fredi Gonzalez. Folks were ecstatic to get a "new blood" manager and hyped Fredi up so much, and now fast forward two, three years and the very Braves fans who clamored for Fredi as the hire now loathe him. Probably a matter of the Perpetually Insatiable (tm), but my point is let's pump the brakes. It's nice to be excited but let the guy prove he's different before anointing him a savior. Sports have burned me too many times to get excited about anything until success actually happens. I can't get too up or down over any hiring until it unfolds on the field.

So, the previous Braves manager, Bobby Cox, should not have been allowed to retire because fans can't handle change?

And, yes, beating Indy in Indy would be a big deal because WE HAVE NEVER DONE IT. Ever. I'm not saying we settle for that; I'm saying that would be a fun milestone for this franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote