View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do people still believe we will have a KC type turnaround next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Before the Obrien hire I thought chances of that were slim
at best.

After saturday, I find it impossible to believe this team has
a winning record next year when the entire coaching staff is
turned over.

When I think of how many players will have to be brough in,
and how many will be playing at new positions (or in totally
different schemes) --

I think 6-10 would be a good start..
I don't just believe it's possible. I expect it. Maybe with the kind of mentality that Gary brought for 8 years a 6-10 "recovery season" might be needed before we move up to an 8-8 pr 9-7 year but I don't think that kind of timetable is in play now.

Teams can turn around their fortunes in short order these days. the Texans should be no different. Now having said that lots of things can conspire to prevent success so an injury bug attack could derail that but the Texans are going to make their moves and they're going to take their best shot. I like their chances. I wish Indianapolis had lost yesterday because that team is building confidence which will stand in our way. It's definitely going to be an obstacle.

Keep in mind though that since they went 2-14 they've posted a pair of 11-5 seasons with a roster that many characterized as very underwhelming.... until it wasn't. They had huge turnover along the way and an MIA head coach who was fighting Leukemia.

Last year Kansas City was 2-14 and this year, 11-5. Saints were 3-13 in Haslett's last year. Bring in Sean Payton and Brees and you got success.

Teams turn themselves around in a season or two all the friggin time. Why not us? I'd say its because of Gary stumbling along learning to be a HC and never quite grasping some of the tougher parts of the job like firing friends who aren't getting the job done. Gary did great things for the Houston Texans. He also did a lot of damage to the Houston Texans. It's hard to reconcile both of those things but there it is.