View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #69
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Yes Tex, I watched those starts by Brian Hoyer. He looked good, no doubt, and hasn't been a total bum since coming into the league as a UDFA in '09. IIRC after he got to Arizona Airens said he'd start the season with his as they were working on the deal for Palmer. I wasn't necessarily pointing at him when I made my tongue-in-cheek "scrub" remark upthread.

But "We should definitely target Hoyer and forget about the potential of these rookies." Fact is he's been serviceable in his backup role for the Pats and Browns but "major success" and "easily a pro bowler."? That's pure ambitious supposition.

My position hasn't changed though. My stance is we need to be harvesting picks, not coming off of em. Hoyer still has a year left on his contract in Cleveland. Unless Lombardi or whoever makes the calls up there wants to package him with a few primo picks to move up to 1-1 then personally, I'm not interested. I don't see that happening.

Regarding your position of "We should definitely target Hoyer and forget about the potential of these rookies", well that just floors me. All I can say is I'm very thankful your not in the position to make that call. I (almost) can't believe you typed that. Definitely spend picks on a UDFA backup with 3 starts since '09 and forget about a high potential face of the franchise QB. That surprises me coming from you.

To each their own.
I was totally joking and being sarcastic about Hoyer. Lol!

I am not at all sold on some backup that had two nice games.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote