View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #956
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Folks were ecstatic to get a "new blood" manager and hyped Fredi up so much, and now fast forward two, three years and the very Braves fans who clamored for Fredi as the hire now loathe him.
Of course that's going to happen here if O'Brien doesn't produce the results we want. That's life. No one but Jerry Jones "knew" Jimmy Johnson would win a Super Bowl, much less 2 (3). He was nothing like any Super Bowl winning coach before him.

No one but Bob Kraft "knew" Belichick would win a Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Probably a matter of the Perpetually Insatiable (tm), but my point is let's pump the brakes. It's nice to be excited but let the guy prove he's different before anointing him a savior. Sports have burned me too many times to get excited about anything until success actually happens. I can't get too up or down over any hiring until it unfolds on the field.
Where's the fun in that?