View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #955
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
The second Bill O'Brien goes up to Indianapolis and wins a game, it's over. He will own this entire city.
Why? I don't give a **** about beating Indianapolis in Indianapolis unless it's in the playoffs. I'll be just as happy if we go to Denver, New England, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh or win there. I'll be happiest if we beat them at Reliant.

.....I just hope this isn't a situation like some Braves fans now find themselves in with manager Fredi Gonzalez. Folks were ecstatic to get a "new blood" manager and hyped Fredi up so much, and now fast forward two, three years and the very Braves fans who clamored for Fredi as the hire now loathe him. Probably a matter of the Perpetually Insatiable (tm), but my point is let's pump the brakes. It's nice to be excited but let the guy prove he's different before anointing him a savior. Sports have burned me too many times to get excited about anything until success actually happens. I can't get too up or down over any hiring until it unfolds on the field.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote