View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014   #951
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not a yes man, a baby sitter.

He did. He got rid of them. Sherman, Gibbs.

What Kubiak needed, was a boss. The GM on most other teams. Being that O'Brien is essentially a rookie, he needs a boss as well.
I'm not talking about a GM, per se; though, yes, Gary did need a strong GM.

I'm talking about someone who, during the games, calls down to Gary yelling, "Throw the flag! Throw the flag!"

I'm talking about someone who says, "Gary, you have a problem on Special Teams. If you don't fix it, it's going to cost you a lot of games."

I'm talking about someone who says, "Gary, you can't just plug-and-play your way to wins. You have to adapt."

Technically, the GM should do MOST of those things. But, as we've established, Rick didn't have that kind of power.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote