View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014   #947
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
The interesting thing about that article is that it sounds like O'Brien hired Bernhardt to keep him in check, and to cuss him out when needed.

That. Is. Fantastic.

Word on Twitter is that Bernhardt is coming to the Texans in some kind of role.

The idea that O'Brien doesn't surround himself with "yes" men, and actually have people he respect tell him when he may be making mistakes, is a sign of confidence and maturity.

The funny thing is, I used to say that Kubiak needed someone like this on his staff. Back when Kubiak was regularly screwing up challenges, I used to say that he needed a "big picture" person on staff, up in the booth during games, to tell him when to challenge something; and to tell him - during the week before games - that his strategy needed to be tweaked.
Agree with everything here buddy. Glad to see that you are excited as I am about the new regime.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote