View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014   #39
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Kaepernick
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Alex Smith
Andy Dalton

All are starting QBs in these playoffs: None of those guys were drafted or signed as free agents with a widely held belief that they would be "star talent".

If O'brien believes in Mallett and can get him at a good price, then I am for it. To your point, though: I don't want our organization to look for a serviceable QB that could work well-enough.
Smith and Dalton are both 1st round picks and Bress was a star coming off an injury. And none of the rest were traded for I have no problems drafting a QB outside of pick 1.1, but trading for one hardly ever works out. Especially when trading for the likes of Mallet.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote