View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014   #138
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98334 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

I'm not going to be bashing Rick Smith right now as he has made me pretty happy as a fan with his last hire.

A lot of people may dislike Rick Smith (I have been one of them), but he played a hand in hiring O'Brien and him and Bob both decided that "they" needed to adapt as management and find a guy that had a lot of the opposite characteristics of what Kubiak was. Kudos to Rick Smith for recognizing the big changes that this team needed after this season we just had. Him and Kubes were always tight and Kubiak played a big hand in getting him hired here, so Rick always "owed" some loyalty to Kubiak which I hated, but none the less I understood it. Now that Kubiak is gone, I don't know if Rick's philosophy as a GM will be quite the same. I guess we're just going to have to watch and see how things play out over the next few years. But as of now, Rick Smith just made a great decision as a GM in my eyes and if it turns this franchise around for many years I'd say that Rick Smith has learned a few things possibly which is all I can ask of a fan. Learn from your mistakes and don't frequently repeat them. Rick just might be learning and "ADAPTING" as crazy as that sounds.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote