Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014   #198
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Bortles has around 200 yards against Baylor without the awesome effort and YAC from his receiver. Just sayin.
For an apples to "kinda" apples comparison, how many yards did TeddyB have vs Miami without the awesome effort & YAC from his receiver?

Serious question, I'm not convinced Bortles belongs in the discussion, though I readily admit he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
You often hear the Texans need to draft this defensive player because they will have to face Luck for the next dozen years. What better player to draft to counter Andrew Luck than a mirror image of Andrew Luck, Blake Bortles?
I've never heard anyone say that. But I have heard the, "Oh crap we've got to face Andrew Luck twice a year." I'm slowly coming around to believing Luck is going to be a good player, but still.... I don't think this way. Not even Brady is undefeated. It may be tougher to beat him than other QBs, but it makes us better, I think.

At the same time... I started the "Keenum vs Luck" thread with the same "anti-Luck" thought process. I want a player that our opponents say, "Awsht, we've got to face XXXX player." If Keenum proves not to be that guy (which so far, he has) then we need to draft a QB early in the draft (between picks 1 & 33).

If Bridgewater was a "Awsht, we've got to face Teddy twice a year." player, I'd be fine using the 1-1 on him. So far, all I'm getting is the Jag fans hoping we pass on him. They don't seem to be to worried about us likely picking him.

I guess that counts for something.