Thread: Tajh Boyd
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014   #100
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tajh Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I think if boyd had come out last yr,he would've been drafted about where he will be drafted this yr, top 2nd -3rd rd. There is a lot to like about boyd from a talent point. He's sturdy,has a great arm with a compact delivery,and he's very mobile. I don't like the offense he plays in,but I don't like a lot of college offenses. Boyd gets in trouble with footwork. He can throw from various platform and it looks like he has 10" hands. When he's mechanically sound,he can make every throw accurate. When he's not,he'll skip a slant route like mcnabb or cutler. He's gotten better every yr. He'll probably measure at 6'1 220lbs just eyeballing him. If the texans were to take some other than Bridgewater at #1, I would like boyd wth the 33rd pick.
It's all up to B'OB now. If Boyd is his fallback position guy then I'm good with it. Was trying to compare his last game performance for Clemson to Russell Wilson for Wisconsin against Oregon but its really not apples to apples. 300 yards, 19/25 2 TD & 1 pick. Russell only rushed 6 times for 18 yards but then he had Monte Ball. QBR 92.3

Quote:
In his career, Boyd has thrown for 11,526 yards and 102 touchdowns, which is an ACC record, and he has led Clemson to three consecutive 10-win seasons. As a senior, Boyd threw 29 touchdowns and rushed for nine more, all while leading an offense that averages 329.8 passing yards per game, which ranks No. 11 in the nation.
Boyd Orange outing had 20 rushing attempts for 137 yards & a score, mostly on designed plays but often when flushed & nowhere to throw the ball. 31-40 378 yards 5 TD's 2 INT's & 2 sacks. QBR 85.1

Bottom line both where record setting, athletic QB's for their respective schools. Wilson is just very efficient, smart & despite his lack of size the better athlete. I like your eyeball measurement for Boyd, think that is about right, he does need some weight on his bones because he receives & dishes out more contact, important for his durability. Also feel O'Brian would be able to harness his talent & make him more cerebral, work through his progressions.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote