View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014   #117
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: University of Texas' Head Coach search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Superb hire. Strong is supremely underrated by many. That pro offense with 4 star recruits will be nasty. Texas will be relevant again quite soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I hope you're right. Atleast with Strong the offense should be much improved. Hopefully recruiting will rebound. I heard that Strong is a great recruiter.

I was a Briles guy. He has inroads with all of the HS coaches.
Offense? Strong is a defensive guy, so I don't know why the offense would be what would benefit from the hire. He's an excellent defensive coach though and he is a great recruiter with strong ties in South Florida. He is one of the most effective recruiters in the South Florida area, which is great for Texas. I think Strong should have been retained at Florida, only promoted to HC, Florida really messed that situation up IMO.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote