Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014   #185
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Not even close .

One ran a pro style offense while the other runs the offense of VY and Tebow .
Not to mention competition level. While I think it's dumb to suggest Bridgewater or Bortles competition level should be a negative, when comparing stats you do have to take it into account.

I will say this. Andrew Luck never did anything super impressive in Stanford that I saw. He just did everything very well. That's what makes me laugh at people downplaying Bridgewater. That's what he does. Everything well - nothing flashy. Is Bridgewater as good as Luck? Probably not and he sure doesn't have the same body so that is a concern. I just see more of Luck's skill set in Bridgewater than in Bortles.

I'm not set on anyone yet but would say I'm currently thinking Bridgewater, Manziel & Bortles in that order. I'm sure that will change many times over the next 4 months. I'm not a trade down guy. If they really like one QB more than the rest you take him at 1-1.