View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014   #936
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
blah blah blah blah

I do like the new guy though. He seems like the type that could lead the team. But the substance of this conference is ZERO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Did you honestly expect a deep analysis of the roster and plans on schemes during his first press conference?

Dude hasn't even met the staff, much less got a chance to sink his teeth into anything.

I guess substance is relative, because I felt like I learned a bit about the man who is the Texans new head coach.
Thanks DB, you saved me some keystrokes.

I sort of liked the fact that O'Brien said, in a nutshell, first let me see what I've got to work with in terms of staff and players and then I'll go from there. IMHO that's much better than trying to fit existing players into some predetermined scheme which may not use them to the best advantage, or worse where they flat may not work.

Score one for the new Irish guy.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote