Thread: Tajh Boyd
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014   #97
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Tajh Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I believe he has a legitimate shot to be a starting QB in the NFL someday. He is a bigger version of Russell Wilson, who was graded behind Foles, Cousins, Tannehill, RG3, Luck & Weeden. Incidentally, Foles wound up in Philadelphia in DeMeco Ryans trade. Texans got a 4th for Ryans (Ben Jones) & they flipped 3rd's, Houston with #76 took Brandon Brooks, while Philly used Texan slot #88 to select Foles.

I think if boyd had come out last yr,he would've been drafted about where he will be drafted this yr, top 2nd -3rd rd. There is a lot to like about boyd from a talent point. He's sturdy,has a great arm with a compact delivery,and he's very mobile. I don't like the offense he plays in,but I don't like a lot of college offenses. Boyd gets in trouble with footwork. He can throw from various platform and it looks like he has 10" hands. When he's mechanically sound,he can make every throw accurate. When he's not,he'll skip a slant route like mcnabb or cutler. He's gotten better every yr. He'll probably measure at 6'1 220lbs just eyeballing him. If the texans were to take some other than Bridgewater at #1, I would like boyd wth the 33rd pick.