View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #115
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
anyone know anything about the coach B'OB brought up in his 1 on 1 with drew dougherty saying hopefully he comes to houston with him

Jim Bernhardt was OB's position coach at Brown and his special assistant at Penn State.

Meet Jim Bernhardt, Bill O'Brien's right-hand man, confidant
Quote:
Consigliere is the word he used,” Bernhardt said, while sitting in his office glancing at his ever-changing to-do list. “My first loyalty and foremost is to Bill O’Brien. Someone might say that sounds like some type of hierarchy or something based on the university, but I do that with a very clear conscience because I know that he’s going to do the right thing.”
Quote:
“We’ve always had kind of an older brother, younger brother type of relationship,” Bernhardt recalled. “I facilitated – and if he wasn’t qualified he wouldn’t have gotten it -- I facilitated when he got his first big break at Georgia Tech as a graduate assistant with George O’Leary, who is an old friend. We have that relationship where it’s beyond just working together.”
Quote:
“The bottom line is this thing works because he knows I’m never going to lie to him,” Bernhardt said. “He may not like what I say, he may not agree with what I say, but he knows he’ll get an honest answer.”
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote