View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #31
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tampa Bay to hire Lovie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I agree with everything you said. Lovie Smith is a proven commodity and worth one's time to sit down and have a talk with him. I don't dislike Smith or anything, I just thought there were others out there I would want to talk with more.

The reason I agreed with TK (whether he was serious or not) was because I don't think McNair wanted him from the start. The timing of his interview even made me wonder more.

If, after all was said and done, Houston hired Smith I wouldn't have been so upset as to post how much I thought it was a mistake. I would have a lot of studying to do before I could really have an informed opinion. As I said in the other post, there is much about Lovie Smith I do not know about.
And ya know what I will meet part of the way there. I get to talk to a dude who has as good a resume is anybody who will be an actual candidate, and get to rid myself of a "requirement." If anybody asks me, all have to do is go to my 1st post in this thread and the fact that the next team to interview him could not wait to hire the guy. Best of both worlds.