View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #125
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I like how he used the IR excuse even though most of the draft was made up of players they only stashed on IR because they weren't good enough to play. Way to go Rick.
It wasn't an excuse... quite the opposite. It was a vale criticism of Kubiak and Wade's inability to adjust and compensate schematically and in game plan preparation when the team loses key players.

I must say that I could not agree more! The greatest frustration I have had with this coaching staff is their inability to adjust- both in the middle of a game and week to week. The epitome of that frustration, for me, was last year's playoff game vs. New England. Watching Brady and company isolate anyone they wanted on Tim Dobbins in man coverage play after play was insufferable, especially since it had just happened one month earlier in the regular season.

Certainly, the same is true on offense. Offensively, it tended to be the personnel decisions on Sundays, ranging from the unwillingness to rotate RBs the past 4 years, the insistence of playing Newton over Harris this year and last year, shoving Studdard down our throats for two years (I'm still bitter about letting Shelley Smith walk), etc....