View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #23
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'd like the Texans to trade down so the mention from McNair that they would consider a trade down sounds good to me.

Admittedly it has no significance at this time. It's just a comment.
Agreed.

While it isn't earth-shattering news and does not actually indicate a likelihood of a trade, he rejected the alternative option of saying, "we like where we are at. we are only a couple players away and think the value is there for us to go get a QB... "

While that may seem an unwise thing to say, owners and GMs have been known to do it. I remember when the Redskins actually traded into late round one a couple weeks before the draft and announced, at that point, they intended to take Jason Campbell with the pick.

Beyond Dan Snyder and Vinnie Cerratta buffoonery, though, the manner/tone by which McNair answered the question indicated clear willingness to move down and not simply lip service... It seems to me that they've already had discussions about it, which is a good thing.