View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #237
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think depending on unproven injured players has been a huge problem of this team in the past. We didn't draft a TE because we expected Bennie Joppru, we've held off on LB because of Darryl Sharpton & Cushing, We waited on Dunta to get healthy.

IMO, we don't need to fix the RT position, we need to fix our OL. We can hope Brennan Williams can come back healthy, then hope he is better than Derek Newton, but we don't know that he is. I want to draft a LT, we're in position to get the best one in this draft. If he's a true franchise LT, he should be able to start on the left side from day one. Doesn't mean we have to start him there, but he should be. Either way, our OL gets better. Much, much better. Not marginally better if Williams is healthy, if he's better than Newton..... & any RT we get might not be ready to start in the NFL.

We need to fix our pass rush. Jadaveon Clowney does that, even if he takes plays off. But he won't' take plays off, just like Mario didn't take plays off playing with Cushing & Watt. Even Mario didn't want to be the 3rd best player on our defense. Clowney knew he was the best player on that defense even when he took plays off.

We need to fix our QB. Like Rick said, we didn't have a viable option at the position last year. To me, that screams veteran. We'll draft a QB for our future, but not one QB projected in the first round gives me reason to believe he'll help us win more games than any other QB projected to go in the first round.

There may be two franchise LTs in this draft. Maybe two franchise pass rushers.

There may be 5 franchise QBs in this draft.
What team in the playoffs have a franchise lt or pass rusher? I'm willing to bet there is no such thing on any of the teams in the playoffs in the afc. We regard seattle as a top defense,yet all their pass rushers are 2nd,3rd or guys they've signed. I think they have 6 guy with more than 6 sacks. Its about the collective.

There isn't 1 team in the afc playoffs with a franchise lt or rt. Again, its the line as a collection. No one complained about the line when a udfa and a 3rd rd pick was on the right side. What we do know though is 4 of the 6 qbs were drafted top 4.