View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #916
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I can't understand the love for a coach that fiddled while his friend diddled.

ps Did Penn State have to forfeit the 1975 Cotton Bowl Victory? I was at that very disappointing game with my father, a Baylor alumni.
I don't think the vacated wins went back that far.

They don't get it and probably never will. Having Paterno there so long really did insulate them from many of the changes the game has undergone. Colleges all over the country are accustomed to the coaching merry-go-round now and have been for some time.

Alabama thinks they got Saban and he's the best coach in the universe? Well here comes Texas. Didn't happen of course but we all knew it was entirely possible even if it was Alabama. It can and does happen to anybody. Coaches move around and nobody keeps doing the same thing for 40-50 years anymore. Nobody but these people. To them that's "normal" and they're in for a rude awakening if they are going to take exception to everyone who uses Penn State as a stepping stone. Damn near everyone uses someone for a stepping stone in college football today.