View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Cutler Signs 7 year deal (Chicago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Cutler is a middle-of-the-road guy who never earned his #11 overall pick. Is he a stop-gap? Sure. Let's not act like he's some sort of top-tier guy.
Don't think for a second I'm suggesting that Jay Cutler could have been the savior of this franchise.

As it stands right now, we might win 5 games next season. Some of us are ok with that, because we're rebuilding.

I... refuse to believe we are rebuilding. Bob said we are not rebuilding. I would like to sign a veteran QB who has won a few games in the NFL. Cutler fit that bill. Cutler was also the best projected QB this FA period... Actually Schaub is, but we know that shouldn't happen.

& it made sense to me that Cutler would be open to a one year deal (but he just signed for 7 years, so obviously I don't know what I'm talking about).

Next on my list is Josh Freeman, then Brian Hoyer, then I hope they trade for someone.