View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #26
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL should be alarmed that three of four playoff games still not sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Well, the Packers already have 72,000 seats sold when the article was written (Wednesday), so perhaps you'd have to ask those folks.

Why would someone do it? Because it's fun. Yeah, weather is brutal, but NFL playoffs are special events that simply cannot be felt at home. I'd do it if I lived in Green Bay and had the money. The elements certainly would not be a reason not to go for me.

Update on the article: The Colts have sold out, but the Packers and Bengals are still selling them. Like I predicted, NFL extension granted, and Green Bay has 1000 seats currently left.

Colts sell out game, avoid blackout

Someone will step up and buy the tickets.

Bigger picture is that fans are starting to choose the comforts of home and big HD television screens over going to the game, and that's understandable when you look at ticket prices. I would still be a season ticket holder for the Texans if I could afford it. But family first, and that's just life.
When the tickets were affordable for the average Joe, weather wasn't a problem. Now that they are priced for the well heeled and debutantes, wanting to be seen rather than actual fans, the discomfort is just too much. Market to spoiled brats? You gotta take the bad with the good.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote