View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #231
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Watt was never considered to be a candidate to be converted to an OLB though either. If Clowney is brought in and they have any ideas about possibly converting him, he will be in coverage much more than he ever was in college...even if it is only 40% of the time as O'brien says; Either that or he'll be coming in off the bench on situational pass rushing downs much like Aldon Smith is used in SF.

The question then becomes, do we have the luxury of using 1-1 on a guy who's either a project at OLB or just a situational pass rusher? Especially when we have the chance to take the best qb prospect? I say no.
Meh, that's why I leave the door open to him becoming a bookend 3-4 DE to Watt once he gains about 15lbs, but like I said he's such a talent that any good defensive coordinator will try and find the best use for him.

As for 1-1, who knows if McNair trades down to the Browns and grabs him at #4 overall. Assuming we aren't picking Manziel.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote