View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #874
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Yes and according to Harbaugh's wiki he did indeed coach at the NFL level as a QB coach for Oakland 2002-2003, I know Matt argued otherwise briefly before the press conference moved on to another question. The general premise is sound though, no reason to limit the candidates to a specific set of criteria, just make the best hire possible. In this case I believe we got it right in the end.
Jim Harbaugh played in the NFL for 15 years, his brother John, had no Head Coach or coordinator experience. Bob choose to overlook Jim in 2010 and to keep Kubiak and hire Wade. I see a similar thought process this go round.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote