View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #871
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Agreed, except that in typical Matt Jackson fashion, he got his fact wrong when he stated 9 of 12 coaches wouldn't meet the criteria, and used Jim Harbaugh as an example. McNair called him on Harbaugh, and the actual number is 7 of 12.

As you might be able to tell, I'm not a big Matt Jackson fan.
Yes and according to Harbaugh's wiki he did indeed coach at the NFL level as a QB coach for Oakland 2002-2003, I know Matt argued otherwise briefly before the press conference moved on to another question. The general premise is sound though, no reason to limit the candidates to a specific set of criteria, just make the best hire possible. In this case I believe we got it right in the end.