View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #206
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
So what is your take on Clowney's effort over the last season? Also, what QB's do you have in mind for trade?
My take is that he had a big head coming off his Sophomore year and he didn't dedicate himself to offseason conditioning. He worked his way into enough shape to make an impact. Offenses changed how they approached and ran against him and added timing routes. His play is fine. I trust an NFL coaching staff, our veteran players, and a paycheck to fix that "big head" issue. The talent is there. As shown in this thread and I'm sure others, it's not like he takes plays off often. He's gassed. That's a conditioning issue. That is fixable. Easily. That has nothing to do with how he can impact the game, and that is my take on his "effort" over the last season.

As for QBs, I'd consider Mallet who is in an offensive system/culture O'Brien helped create or the Oakland QB who torched us and was at Penn State with him before the NFL. Give up a 3rd this year and a conditional pick next year for Mallet.