View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #291
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
A big push by whom? Bob McNair, Rick Smith and O'Brian - these are the only one's who count. They'll have input from the new coordinators and from the organization's scouts. Ultimately, it will come down to the player O'Brian wants.
I can see McNair falling in love with the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Yeah, he was mentioning Matt McGloin at 6'0 thereabout in the video:

http://youtu.be/dmH7jvQN4zk

That may encompass several QBs in this class.

Personally, I can't say that I know enough about QB play to declare that the QB (any QB) did what he was supposed to do on several plays so it is hard to tell which one has a higher football IQ, Bridgewater, Manziel, McCarron, Mariotta, Hundley, Mettenberger, Murray, or whoever.
There are instances when we don't know for sure how the offense is supposed to attack or counter the defense, where and when the QB is supposed to throw the ball, or where and how the receivers are supposed to run their routes, especially when we don't have the All-22 view to help see the whole field.

They might have different skill sets, that much we know, but as far as football IQ, I honestly don't know for sure which one has the most upstairs.
Thats what the draft process is all about. In one video he talked about how his QB needs to be able to make good decisions, and referenced that you can tell a lot about the decisions he makes off the field. That's more or less where I was going with it. Like I said I'm just guessing that he may not particularly care for Johnny's antics and seeing as how they're both fiery they may clash. On the other hand I could be completely wrong. The draft is over 4 months away so there will be plenty of guessing between now and then.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote