View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #73
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade wants to return as Texans Defensive Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Wade's defensive philosophy: 3-4..........same look virtually every play (forced man)..........against every team ............just hand them your playbook.

O'Brien's defensive philosophy: 4-3..........mix it up...........multiple looks.........confuse them.

Here's a very telling look into our new coach's thoughts on defense from a piece taken from a may 2012 PennLive article:
link
This is exactly what I've been hearing/reading about O'Brien.

Wade's scheme and style is diametrically opposite of what O'Brien believes in. They would be so incompatible that it's not even an option to keep Wade.

O'Brien likes to confuse the other team, constantly changing, adapting, and adjusting to exploit the opponent's weakness(es). He does not believe in doing one thing good and just winning by executing better than the other team. His M.O. is to constantly be fluid and dynamic, not stubborn and static. Reminds me of this quote:

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”
~ Bruce Lee