View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #200
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Preface: I only read the last 3 pages.

Clowney is the best player in this draft. That shouldn't be a question. You can question his effort or conditioning, but you are lying to yourself if you question his talent.

With that out of the way, I take Clowney THEN I take a LB like Mosley. I don't trust Cushing to stay healthy, and even when he is healthy, there is no talent around him to make plays. Think of it like San Frans front 7. Clowney is better than Smith. Cushing is in the same league as Willis, but they have Bowman as well. Add a second top tier LB and that shores up our defense. That's before we add in the best defensive player in football. Cushing and Mosley can both play in either scheme.

Address the QB through a trade. A rookie QB isn't going to cut it, and there isn't a QB good enough to be the face of the franchise. There is no Andrew Luck. Build the defense, trade for a competent QB and dominate one side of the ball. Follow the SF and SEA models. Elite defense and competent offense. Any QB is walking into an offense with an All-Pro LT, C, WR, and RB, as well as another 1st round WR. Sure, if Andrew Luck was there this isn't a debate or a question, but there isn't a talent like that to change a franchise so you take the BPA. The BPA is Clowney.
So what is your take on Clowney's effort over the last season? Also, what QB's do you have in mind for trade?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote