View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #72
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 11175 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade wants to return as Texans Defensive Coordinator

I'm all in for changing things up...I do believe bringing Wade in was the reason we were finally able to make the playoffs, and so I thank him for that. That said, I think it's time for a change at def. coordinator...despite our yardage rankings, anyone could clearly see we've regressed quite a bit from two years ago. Even when we had Cushing and Manning earlier in the year, we weren't nearly the unit we were in 2011.

My question is, how easy would it be to go to a 4-3 with the personnel we have? I assume one of the starting OLBs could drop down to a defensive end, since their main job now is to rush the passer anyway. But would those guys be undersized for DE? That's why drafting Clowney is an interesting prospect for me, despite the negatives about him. He seems to be a freak of nature, and pairing him with JJ as the other DE could be a nightmare for opposing offenses. Since I have very little knowledge regarding defensive philosophy, though, I'd appreciate any comments or corrections. Thanks.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote