View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #194
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He had very consistent effort until this yr when he knew he would be a top 5 pick if he never played a down. There was too much $$$$ to lose if he got hurt to give it his all this yr. I cant blame him.
There will be even more money he could possibly lose if he gets hurt in a contract year, or maybe if he gets franchise tagged.

You go down that route and there will always be more money to be lost if you fear getting hurt.

I can blame him. I still like him though with that said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
I understand your sarcasm, and I realize the idea of taking our existing QB's forward is a stretch and certainly against the grain of what most would want. However, I don't believe TB or anyone else in this QB draft discussion would have fared any better than what we saw in 2013. If nothing is done to improve the line, 2014 will be much of a repeat of 2013 in terms of backfield success. Whether we address the O-line needs in the draft or free agency, it can't be ignored, unless the goal is to have 1.1 in 2015 too.

I'm not against making changes in the QB roster, but contrary to your take, I do feel adding more pass rushers and tackles will have a greater overall impact than wasting 1.1 on a QB.
That's fine, we disagree. I believe that IR guys and guys like D Brown coming back healthy will improve this OLine more than adequately enough that we DON'T even need to address the line minus late round (4th+) picks.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote