View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #190
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Clowney had Melvin ***king Ingram across from him his Freshman year and got 9 sacks; you tell me.
You act like Ingram wasn't a player in college. He wasz kinda on his way until the injuries. No one will dispute clowney when he's motivated and ready to play. I for one didn't have a prblem with marios effort considering they had no one inside and a shotty back end to get the qb to hold the ball.

I've watched clowney soph yr and this year and sayinghe didn't want to get hurt is an excuse. I've seen his better games when he didn't even register a sack this year. I've also watched games when he quit on doubles and those chip by the rb weren't even real. We've seen the really good rushers disregard a chip by a rb and use it as leverage. We've seen freeney,mathis,allen and dudes like that leverage help. Most tackles will tell youthey know how they want to set and a rb or help throws them off.

Clowney is a propect no doubt. I high end one to boot, I also know that the cheifs had 3e5 sacks leading to the broncos game and peyton didn't even have to wash his uniform. I for one have watched enough of clowney to know he can play standing up with ease. I've also seen enough to know there are some other high end rush guys in the 2nd and even 3rd rd. Also there are some young guys on the come like Jason Worlids from the steelers and jerry hughes from the bills who are starting to emerge and won't cost much.