View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014   #181
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Give me Aaron Donald in the first round if we are going to build the DL... I don't care if Todd McShay, Kiper, and company all have him as a 2nd rounder. That guys plays football!

I do not understand the Clowney hype. When was the last time a physical freak who showed inconsistent effort, focus, results was taken high in the 1st round and was not at least a mild disappointment?..

Perhaps he will slide due to concerns and then someone will get a steal. Fine. I would argue that the slide may be the trigger to motivate and focus him. Picking him #1 only reinforces that his approach was fully with merit.
He had very consistent effort until this yr when he knew he would be a top 5 pick if he never played a down. There was too much $$$$ to lose if he got hurt to give it his all this yr. I cant blame him.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote