View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014   #67
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade wants to return as Texans Defensive Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
I find some of the comments here regarding Wade and the lack of appreciation for his work here to be disgusting. If it weren't for Wade, we very likely could've been challenging the Saints for the longest stretch before the first playoff berth.

If you don't think he should defensive coordinator because you think the scheme is outdated, fine. Wade as a person is not, and it's shameful how people are suddenly speaking of him. Show some damn respect.

You know what, I was thinking it was time for Wade to go, but after seeing some of the comments from the first page of this thread, I hope he comes back. The chip that's being put on the shoulders of him and all the defensive players is something I certainly wouldn't bet against. Put me down as an empathic "YES."

Dude, relax. For starters everyone who has been watching knows that he turned the defense around drastically. If you are happy with the lack of turnovers and lack of pass rush then that's fine but don't act like he has done an outstanding job over the past two years. Year one was awesome but is a "what have you done for me lately?" Kind of league.

When you steadily digress over the course of two seasons as a coordinator, it's typically time to start looking in other directions. Kubiak had 8 seasons to figure it out which we can all agree was too long. He had it extended by wades defense.

Don't take it as a personal attack on you because it's not.

Wade is old. That is fact. His defensive scheme is not working. That is fact. Did we have a good "yards per game" ranking? Sure we did. We were 2-14 so it doesn't matter.