View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014   #22
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tampa Bay to hire Lovie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
First thing I thought when I heard of the hire was, "Damn, that's going to be a great defense next year."

Second thing I thought was, "That sure is a lot of money to pay Revis to play zone all day."

They can't cut him, though, can they?
They absolutely could because the Revis deal includes zero guaranteed money.

None.

Ziltch.

As in there is absolutely no penalty at all for cutting Revis like there would be for essentially any other player.

When the new football year rolls around in March, they'll either pay Revis $16 million or tell him "thanks, but no thanks."

I think Tampa pays him. But I agree, it'll be dang interesting to see how this goes.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote