View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 65936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tampa Bay to hire Lovie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i was leaning towards lovie smith for this exact reason. we have the best defensive player in football, and i think lovie would've been the head coach most likely to make the most of watt. i cant fault the texans' brass too much though, it IS a passing league. even with the best defender in the game we only managed 2 wins.
I like the O'Brien hire, and I'm excited by it, but I would have been totally ok if it had ended up being Lovie also.

I think there's some folks on this board who looked at Lovie's persona, and saw Kubiak. After that, anything related to actually coaching an NFL football team kind of ceased to matter.