View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill O'Brien "type" players on our roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Since I am not really familiar with O`Brien - what are O`Brien kind of players? The players I see listed here are basically our best players - those are every coaches kind of players. But what does he look for? Fast players that aren`t too big like NE, strong as a bull linemen, smart players that can adjust the playcalling on the field, athletic freaks that can be taught to play football?

Honest question, what are Bill O`Brien type players? Will he use zone blocking schemes? 3-4 defense? Creative coverages? Only tall TEs? Will he use a FB in the passing game? 5 WR sets? Wildcat? Blitz a lot or let the front handle the pass rush?
I'm certainly not qualified to answer for BO'B but I'd be very surprised to see him fill out the roster without a play maker in the slot. Can it be Kmart? He seemed to be coming along steadily. Posey? Bonner?

No quotes or links, just my hunch.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote