View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004   #22
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Trotter turned down the Texans in '02 because their offer wasn't good enough for him. Then he signed a 7 year 35 million dollar contract with Washington (including 7 million in guaranteed bonus $$$). Then he blew out his knee. I expect he will be trying to get Sharper money but he seemingly has less leverage now than he did two years ago. He would be an upgrade over Foreman, but my concern with him is the $$$ he will command and the ACL recovery. I've read where Philly is trying to get him back.

With only 2.6 under the cap to play with, I really don't think the Texans are going to mess around with a guy like this. They are about 7 million under the cap and 4.4 of that is committed to the rookie pool.

Last edited by aj.; 05-08-2004 at 09:53 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote